SUU Early College Online Program
Cedar High School is glad to announce the new ECO program from the Southern Utah University, which will be offered during the summer months, for high school students.
What is the ECO Program?
The ECO (Early College Online) program is an excellent opportunity for students to get ahead in their college credit plans during the summer to help students who want to free up their schedule during their regular school year and still keep earning their college credits.
How Much Does It Cost?
Unlike the state-funded Concurrent Enrollment Program at SUU, the ECO program is an SUU-funded program; therefore, the cost is $75/ Per College Credit. Students are also responsible for obtaining their textbook and other required materials.
Requirements to Be In the Program
- Students must have a GPA of 3.0 minimum to be admitted.
- Students must maintain a GPA of 2.0 minimum while taking the courses.
- Students must follow SUU academic policies.
- Students can participate until the spring term of the year they turn 18 years old.
Current Courses Offered
For the Summer Term of 2021, SUU will be offering the following classes.
How to Join the Program
The ECO program follows the same application process as the Concurrent Enrollment Program.For students who are already taking concurrent enrollment classes, all they have to do is to register for their chosen class with their respective CRN for the Summer term of 2021.
For students who are not concurrent enrollment students yet, please apply on the same Concurrent Enrollment page and follow the application process below.
1) Step #1: APPLYING TO BE ADMITTED AT SUU
- Use website: https://ushece.service-now.com/concurrent_enrollment and apply to be accepted as an SUU student. Make sure your information matches your Cedar High School information.
- Parents and students will need to fill out the application together.
- Fill out the general application questions. Social security number is required.
- Students must choose the term FALL 2021 but notify SUU at email@example.com to open the SUMMER term for them.
- Pay the $40 admission fee online after the form is filled out completely.
2) Step #2: CREATING YOUR SUU PORTAL
- A few days later, SUU will send an acceptance email with your T-number and instructions on creating and activating your portal account.
- Log into your SUU Portal https://login.suu.edu/cas/login and click on “activate account.”
- Start by using the same email as your previous application. You will get an activation link.
- You will create a password for your account. SUU will send your username.
3) Step #3: REGISTERING YOUR CLASS
- For the term of Summer 2021, first you must email firstname.lastname@example.org to make sure they open the term so it is available for class registration.
- Click on the “Registration” link (on the right side of the page, scroll down, in the “Banner” menu)
- Next, click on “Register for Classes.”
- Next, click on “Choose the class term.”
- Next, click on the tab that says “Enter CRN,” and add your class to your class CRN number and click on “Add to Summary.”
- After done adding all your classes CRN click on “Submit.”
- Go back to the main page and check your “My Courses” link to make sure your classes show on that page.
4) Step #4: PAYING FOR YOUR CLASSES
- Login to your SUU Portal at www.my.suu.edu (Balances due appear in a green box on the upper right corner of the page. If the box doesn’t show, you can use the link “Student Billing System” on the right side menu)
- Click on the “Balance Due” green box or the right menu link “Student Billing System.”
- Next, check your total balance and click on “Make a Payment.”
- Next, choose to pay with either a debit card or credit card (To pay with a debit card that has a Visa or MasterCard logo, please select the option “Credit Card.”)
- Next, complete your payment information and submit your payment.
- When the payment is complete, you will receive an email with the payment confirmation.
- If you have any concerns about paying your balance by the published deadline, please contact SUU at email@example.com to discuss how to set up a payment plan.
Important Dates & Deadlines (Summer 2021)
|Admissions Applications||OPEN NOW|
|Class Registrations Opens||OPEN NOW|
|Classes Start||May 17, 2021|
|Last Day to Register||May 24, 2021|
|Class Fees Due Deadline||June 7, 2021|
|Last Day to Drop “No W”||June 7, 2021|
|Drop for Non Payment||June 8, 2021|
|Class Withdraw “W” Deadline||July 15, 2021|
|Last Day of Summer Semester||Aug 22, 2021|
Contact for More Information
You can contact the CHS Counseling Office or
SUU directly at:
- Website: https://www.suu.edu/eco/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: 435-865-8035